(PDF) The Western Medical Tradition by Lawrence I. Conrad

HOME Forums BULLET EVENT (PDF) The Western Medical Tradition by Lawrence I. Conrad

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Ginger Williams

The Western Medical Tradition
    800 BC to Ad 1800

(The Western Medical Tradition, #1)
    by Lawrence I. Conrad, Michael Neve, Vivian Nutton, Roy Porter, Andrew Wear

???? The Western Medical Tradition · CLICK HERE ????

• ISBN: 9780521475648 (0521475643)
    • Publisher: Cambridge University Press
    • Author: Lawrence I. Conrad, Michael Neve, Vivian Nutton, Roy Porter, Andrew Wear
    • Series: The Western Medical Tradition, #1
    • Language: english
    • Genres: history, medicine, science, medical
    • Release date: August 17, 1995
    • Format: paperback, 574 pages

About The Book

Written by members of the Academic Unit of the Wellcome Institute for the History of Medicine, London, the world’s leading centre for the history of medicine, this book surveys the Western medical tradition in all its aspects from the Greeks until 1800 AD, and in its transformations and transplantations into the world of Islam and the Americas. As well as describing the diseases, medical theories, and medical therapies of the past, it places them in a wide social context, and discusses religious and alternative healing as well as major advances in medicine, surgery. and pharmacology. It includes the accounts of patients as well as of their healers, the pains of childbirth and the preparations for death. Although major figures are covered in detail, this is not a history of great men and great moments in medicine, but an attempt to understand the limitations as well as the triumphs of medicine in pre-modern society. The very latest findings of medical historians are here presented in a lively form accessible to all who are interested in the formation of modern ideas on health and healing. The book provides essential reading as a new synthesis for all students of the history of medicine.

Paperback ebook The Western Medical Tradition download. TXT The Western Medical Tradition Lawrence I. Conrad buy for PC on Walmart. Hardback book The Western Medical Tradition by Lawrence I. Conrad on reader on Powells. MOBI The Western Medical Tradition read. MP3 book The Western Medical Tradition by Lawrence I. Conrad Mac on Dymocks.

FB2 ebook The Western Medical Tradition buy cheap. PDF The Western Medical Tradition Lawrence I. Conrad read online for PocketBook. Online book The Western Medical Tradition download on Book Depository. Hardcover ebook The Western Medical Tradition by Lawrence I. Conrad download. EPUB book The Western Medical Tradition read online Kindle on Bookshop.

FictionBook ebook The Western Medical Tradition Lawrence I. Conrad buy cheap on iPhone. Hardcover The Western Medical Tradition on Audible. Hardback book The Western Medical Tradition Lawrence I. Conrad read. EPUB The Western Medical Tradition Android on Amazon. FB2 ebook The Western Medical Tradition by Lawrence I. Conrad download for iPad on Booktopia.

bulletmaster
    Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • The forum ‘BULLET EVENT’ is closed to new topics and replies.